Denmark has very developed ferries network, especially with the company Scandlines A/S joint property of the Danish and German governments. The ferries ensure regular connections between the Danish, Swedish, German ports and the Baltic countries.
Ferry Companies in the Baltic Sea
- Bornholm Trafikken – Ferry service between the Danish island of Bornholm and the Danish mainland, Sweden and Germany.
- Color Line – Norwegian ferry service operating between Norway, Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom.
- Eckerö Linjen – Swedish ferry service between the mainland and the island of Aaland.
- HH-Ferries – Swedish ferry service operating between Sweden and Denmark.
- Hoverline Scandinavia AB – Hovercraft passenger services is the only hovercraft passenger service in Scandinavia. Stockholm Archipelago and international.
- Mols-Linien – Danish ferry service between Odden and Ebeltoft in Denmark.
- Nordö-Link – Passenger and vehicle ferry service between Malmö and Lübeck – Travemünde.
- Polferries – Passenger and vehicle ferry services between Poland, Denmark and Sweden.
- Scandlines – Operates 24 services between ports in Denmark, Sweden, Germany and the Baltic.
- Silja Line – Silja's ferries operate between Finland, Sweden and Estonia.
- Stena Line – One of the world's largest ferry companies for international ferry traffic.
- Superfast Ferries – Maritime company offering passengers service in the Adriatic, Baltic, and North Sea regions.
Helpful Tips for Ferries in Denmark
- In Danish ferries are called færger or bilfærger.
- It is often cheaper and quicker to take ferries in Denmark than to pay bridge tolls and petrol costs.
- Arrive early before departure. Boarding the car and passenger takes time.
- Book a ferry online instead of calling – it's often times cheaper.
We’d like to take a ferry from Grenå to Hundested…How do we do this?
You do not mention the ferry from Odden to Aarhus. The service to Ebeltoft is very infrequent so I want to take the Aarhus boat. How often does it sail and what does it cost?
Hi Tony! Here’s wher you can find a boat ticket between Odden and Aarhus: click here. Ticket cost 149 DKK if you book online but 359 DKK if you book the day of departure.